Thursday 4 August 2011

How to: Make banana ice cream with chocolate, peanut butter and strawberries.

I made this today. I woke up sick so my day has been kind of hopeless. Decided to make something good that was not extremely unhealthy. So I made one of my favorite recipes - banana "ice cream" which is so redonkulously easy to make that you have to try!


I originally got the recipe for the ice cream from here.

How to:

1.Freeze yo bananas!
Put 1 or 2 bananas in the freezer. I've seen that 1 is enough for most people - and me if I'm not hungry. But I usually make from 2 bananas for myself because I love this to much.
It takes about 5 hours to get the bananas frozen enough. So I actually try to pop a banana into the fridge whenever I remember and just keep them there until I get the urge.
And oh, do remember to take the peel off beforehand. I had a really blonde moment when I tried this the first time. Believe me - It's hard to get a frozen banana peel off!

2. Mix yo bananas
Take the frozen bananas, put them in the blender and blend for a few minutes until they magically turn into ICE CREAM! No extra ingredients needed, they will just become ice cream without any hassle. But be careful, if your blender is not strong the bananas could harm it.

3. Put yo bananas in a bowl
Put in a bowl. Preferably in a glass jar because then you see the beauty from top to toes ( you know, ice cream toes). Looks much better.

4.Toppings and variations.
This time I made a chocolate peanut butter sauce by putting 4 squares of dark chocolate and 1 big tbls peanut butter in a cup and then microwave. And then I cut some strawberries.
It has also been a favorite to put about 1 tbsp peanut butter into the ice cream when you're making it in the blender. That's pure bliss!

5. OMNOM
Eat the stuff. Lick the bowl. Pray for more. Be happy!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment