Thursday 6 October 2011

Inspiration

Well, as you probably all know, Steve Jobs died today.
I'm a big fan of Apple and have been ever since I  remember. We had an really old school Apple computer that I played computer games on as a child and I remember staring at the the rainbow Apple logo thinking how cool this machine was.

I'm not going to convince you to like Apple, I couldn't care less. I'm not going to write a blog about Steve Jobs.

I'm only going to tell  you to spend 15 minutes to watch this video. It doesn't have much to do with computers. Even if you don't like this man, watch this video and then see what you think.

I had never heard this speech until today and I'm so glad that I heard it exactly today.
I love inspiration, wherever it comes from, and I can truly say that this speech inspired me and reminded me of the things that really are important.

Most of these things are things we're told over and over again, but the way he puts it is so powerful.
This speech was exactly the kick that I needed today.




“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment