Thursday 1 December 2011

Photo challenge day 17 - Memories


I decided to pick this one as memory picture because I was actually today telling a friend of mine the story from when I shaved my head. I was 17 years.  It was such an awesome mixture of freedom, independence and "I don't give a damn what you think of me"- feeling  that I  sometimes want to do it again. 

But then again, I hated the "kiwi" stage. The stage when your hair is at this awkward stage where hair products don't work because it's too short but it's just up in the air, ugly and unflattering.

It was also really interesting to see how people who don't know you treat you immensely different looking like this. Before I had had dark brown hair and glasses and was this normal, next door girl. People's attitude towards me changed so drastically I didn't even believe it.  Old woman were scared of me and thought I was some kind of rebel and many guys did only look at me to make a shocked face of disgust. And yeah, I also had one really uncomfortable and awkward moment when I met real "skinheads". 

This is the best proof of how shallow people can be. 
 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment