Thursday 1 March 2012

The crazy crepe culture of Harajuku!

Last week me and Villi went to Harajuku because I needed to do some serious shopping  before performing in Osaka.

I sometimes get really worn out from threading the shops in Harajuku because their pretty crowded and full all of the time and can get seriously loud!

That's why we decided to take a good break and get something for my sweet tooth. I had often noticed all the crepes stands when I was in Harajuku so we decided to give it a try.

It was confusing to choose from all the stands because they seemed to be a copy of each other - but I decided to use a good old tactic that always seems to work out marveously if you're willing to wait.

Go where the longest line is! What people are willing to wait in a long line for must be really good! 

 The plastic crepes outside the crepes shops tell you EXACTLY what you get!

I had a hard time choosing ( like in every situation!) but the idea of a cheesecake and a crepe at the same time was just too tempting!

Strawberry Cheesecake crepe or how the Japanese would say it 
"sutoroberi chiisukeeki kurepe"

Eagerly awaiting my beautiful bite!

This crepe was too good to be true and at this point I'm so excited to try it.

Happy people with crepes and cream beard <3

The verdict:  My strawberry cheesecake crepe was seriously good but even for a person like me that LOVES cream it was way to much!  I couldn't finish all the cream and had to take some of it off. And if you have the cheesecake be prepared for a full meal! I was exploding afterwards.
Villi got a banana chocolate crepe which was a wiser choice if you wanted to be able to walk around afterwards  - haha! 

 I recommend you try these!
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment